Saturday, January 23, 2010

I'm Back....I Think

Haven't posted here in eons....kept meaning too, but life got in the way.

Had a super busy holiday season.  Man oh man, it was scary.  Mostly because I got the majority of my porders the LAST day I was taking them for Christmas delivery.  Up until then, I was comfortably 2 weeks behind.  Then, on December 1st I recieved 23 new orders....that is a new record for me and my website.

I think I am finally getting caught up again.....it's been a long few weeks.  I feel like I am working ALL the time.  And I am getting tired of it.  Hopefully I am getting to where I am caught up and can take my weekends off again.  I miss the down time.....

This week has been one of those weeks.  I ordered some new piggy bank molds...they came on monday.  The boxes are huge and heavy.  This time, the boxes looked like they had been broken open and smashed.  So I took some pictures.  Then we opened them.

It looked like the boxes had been broken open, the contents droped in the mud, rolled in the dirt and then just tossed back in the box.  I took more pictures.

I emailed the guy I get the molds from and told him it looked like ups had a problem with the shipment.  For as dirty and disgusting as the molds were, they actually survived the ordeal intact.  But would require a good bit of cleaning up.

He wrote back and apologized, but HE had packed them that way.  He was out of styrofoam peanuts, and that was all he had.  The peanuts looked like they had been dug up out of the ground.  Really.  *sigh*

So I haven't written back yet.  I don't know what to say.  I am flabbergasted that he would send anything like that.  Yes, the molds are fine, but it took me over an hour to clean them up and get them ready for use.

My hands are tied....he has my master molds and I cannot get new molds anywhere else : (   I'm not really mad.....disappointed I guess.  We've done business together for years now and I can't believe he sent my stuff like that.  He could have at least let me know what was coming.  Or asked if I minded waiting for packing materials to come in.  I was in NO HURRY.

I don't know.....I am tired.  Tired of dealing with my business for now.  I think I need a vacation.  Or at least SOMETHING to look forward to......

No comments: