Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Helping Out Our Costumers

Selling to bridal stores my business model is a little different than most manufactures. I sell them samples that brides then come in and order off of. Often a sample will stay in a store for several years and I keep receiving faxed orders from those samples. You can image how trashed a headpiece and veil become being tried on over and over in a store, so one thing I always do for my stores is replace good selling samples for free. It helps the stores out to have a fresh piece to try on their brides and it helps me because the new ones start selling again much better. Everyone wins!

In this challenging economic times I think it is important to think about how we can help out our customers, because I believe it can in turn help us.

3 comments:

Stitchen - Custom Embroidery said...

This is an awesome idea Jill. Thanks for sharing.

Kandas | GratitudeGeek said...

We have a similar business model. We sell furniture to country gift shops and they take orders off the samples. Usually, the store will sell the floor model and replace it with a new peice after a while.

Jill said...

replacing a worn out headpiece would bee a lot cheaper than a piece of furniture!