Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Jill Be Nimble

I’ve had my own business for almost 25 years. And one thing that is always constant is change. Styles changed, storeowners changed, and my eye site has changed, just to name a few. But it’s really amazing to think about how much how we do business has changed. I used to receive all my orders in the mail, (that’s snail mail not email). I remember how excited I was to get my first fax machine, and then most of my customers were very slow to start using it. Now business travels at the speed of light, and we need to learn to be nimble. We never can turn into that old dog that can’t learn new tricks, or all the puppies out there will pass us buy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) You are so right! It's hard sometimes to change and or learn new tricks, but we've got to do it. See my post tomorrow for what I've been learning! As for how we get info and orders, I can't imagine what my life as a buyer and as a sales manager would have/could have been like w/ all the technology we have today - better and worse. I used to have to CALL my sales reps and accounts "e-gad"!

Lynn - the piggy bank painter said...

But sometimes I can't remember the new tricks I learned....

But if it weren't for all this internet and online stuff, I wouldn't be where I am today.