Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thankful Thursday

THE best thing I have to be thankful for this week is that my dil does not have cancer. How could I possibly hope for anymore. Well, I could but for now I will just be so thankful that that new was good news.
A long time ago I was watching Oprah and she was doing the Thankful Journal. I started a TJ at a time when my son was in the 1st Gulf War...... well, he wasn't actually IN the war but he was in the area at that time. Anyway, some days its was really hard to find things to be thankful for but if I remember right, Oprah said we should be able to find at least 3 things to be thankful for. There were days that just waking up in the morning was one of my 3 things. LOLOLOL How sad huh. My son was gone, my business was growing, I had a teenager. What more can I say.
Now I wake up every morning just so darn thankful for life. Life is good. Even when it is blazing HOT here in AZ, I don't have any work and I STILL need to loose weight. I really think life is what we make of it. As the old saying goes, when life gives you lemons, make lemon-aide. :)
I am taking this HOT weather, lack of work time to clean my garage. I have boxes and boxes of inventory. I am really making a dent out there and now find that I have a lot of items I can use for the holidays so..... keep an eye on D's Stitcheree for all things Holidays. Of course I will still do custom orders. If last year was any indication I will have to have a cut off date for custom orders so if that is something you are thinking about and would like to chat about, drop me a line.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diane,

I am so glad your dil is safe from the fear of cancer. You remind each of us that there IS something to be thankful for - maybe even 3 things LOL!

I trust that a positive attitude can change what happens to us - things will turn around for you, I just know it!!

Kandas | GratitudeGeek said...

I can't wait to see what amazing treasures you come up with for the holidays! Don't forget about etsy! You should look into joining an etsy team. I'm sure there is an Arizona Etsy Team.

I'm really glad your DIL does not have cancer. It's so frustrating being ill and not know what you have or how to fix it!

Lynn - the piggy bank painter said...

Diane, you are always so positive and an inspiration. Love you!

And kandas, how ARE you feeling?

Kandas | GratitudeGeek said...

I am feeling much better but I broke down and started taking prilosec everyday. :<

Stitchen - Custom Embroidery said...

Meds are good sometimes and they do serve a purpose. Feel better Kandas and Peggy, how are you hanging in there??