Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thankful Thursdays

I chose Thankful Thursdays as my topic since I think I have so many things to be thankful for and I wanted to share some of them. First and foremost is my most awesome husband of 39 1/2 years. He has always been supportive of my home business. I think that if you are married it is helpful to have a husband who supports you and I think we need to let them know all the time how much we appreciate them for that. Sometimes we work a lot of hours and we need to rely on them.
I am also so very thankful that I live in a country where as a woman I can own a business and have the respect of my male counterparts. I do have to say that 16 years ago when I started my embroidery business I had a little bit of a harder time getting the guys to take me seriously but now I feel I have the respect of the men I work with. So..... Thank God for the men in my life. 2 of which are my grown boys.
I started D's Stitcheree when my youngest son was still in high school. He wasn't very sure how he felt about mom being home when he got home from school but he soon learned to really like my being there. I feel it is so important that we are home with our kids, young ones and older ones alike. Now I am a proud Grandma of 2 little grandsons. I guess boys run in our family. Today I am also thankful for this group. I know that I can come to this group of women with business issues and personal issues alike and I will find women who understand what I go through as a small business owner. I think that we need take a minute every day to be conscious of the things we are thankful for in our life So..... on Thursdays I would love to have everyone just think for a second and post something that they are thankful for on that particular day.
Remember, SMILE..... it makes people wonder what you are up to :)

2 comments:

Kandas | GratitudeGeek said...

Diane,

I am thankful to have someone so positive and loving like YOU in my life!

Lynn - the piggy bank painter said...

Ditto for me!
((((((hugs)))))))
And I am thankful I can work at home, even though sometimes it stresses me out and makes me cranky : )