Sunday, July 27, 2008

Have I been living under a rock?

We don't have cable television. We don't see the need for that many tv stations. We watch PBS for the most part. I am addicted to Battlestar Galactica but we can watch the new episodes the next day on the Sci Fi channel. Plus, it's not appropriate for our 9 year old, so we watch it on our laptop after she has gone to bed.

That's NOT the point I am trying to make here.

Today I discovered that there is a new X-Files movie in theaters. Right now. Opened on Friday.

What ROCK have I been living under that I didn't know about this movie?

Sheesh. Cable or no cable. I need to get out more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wish we didn't have cable. Or why is it that you can have 12 jillion channels you don't want and can't select the 5 or 6 that you do want? I don't watch much tv, and my kids hate my rules of watching tv. As for the X Files movie - SO EXCITED about it! We were big fans of the show and I was bummed when it went off the air. As for living under a rock - I just found out a few weeks ago and wondered the same thing. How did I not know this was in the works. We never go to movies, ok twice a year, but that's with our boys. This movie warrants a date - hoping to go Friday, I'll let you know how it is.

Lynn - the piggy bank painter said...

We don't have cable or dish, but I heard about the new movie coming out on the morning shows. But only a month or so ago....

Kandas | GratitudeGeek said...

Okay good. We are all sharing the same rock. Yes, it's definitely worth a date night to see X-Files. We actually go to the movies quite often as a family. We have a theater with $3 matinee tickets that also gives free refills on popcorn and drinks. So for under $20 the three of us can see a movie and eat all the popcorn and drink all the soda (blech) that we want while staying in from the 100 degree weather!