Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Work, Work and More Work.

How does a self employed wahm stay organized and get things done? Really. I need an answer. I seem to be more productive when I am busy with orders, than when I am slow. Sort of. I guess I get more painted, but that's because I have to.

Here is my problem....I work all day. I paint, I pour, I pack. I usually work until dinnertime. I take a lunch break, but that's about it. My day is filled with pigs.

After dinner, I try not to work. But....BUT after dinner I still have paperwork to do. And computer work. Stuff I didn't have time to do during the day. My website hasn't been updated for months. Emails need answered. Papers need filed. But I feel guilty if I start to do that stuff after dinner.

And heaven forbid if I take some time off and don't work for 2 days in a row (like weekends). Then I am so far behind I can't see the light....I swear, more orders come in when I take some time off and try not to work.

Just when am I supposed to have family time? Or when am I supposed to get everything done? Or when can I have time to myself? Is there a way to do it all without going crazy? DOES ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE THE ANSWER??????? I need to know!

3 comments:

Stitchen - Custom Embroidery said...

Oh my gosh, are we supposed to be organized and get things done??? I have owned D's Stitcheree for 16 years now and I never knew that. When you find the answer to your question girlfriend, please share OK.:)

Jill said...

Sounds like you need to hire someone to help you. I know it hard to let someone else do some of your work for you, but if you try it you might like it.

Also my very wise grandfather(who used to come every day and pack my boxes for me)once told me, when you get too busy to fill all your orders, maybe you should raise your prices, you will loose some orders, but you will make the same amount of money and have more time on your hands. I followed his advice, and it worked

Lynn - the piggy bank painter said...

Sigh, I had help, but I laid her off for the summe. I thought I would be able to handle it. Then I thought my dear daughter's would help me. Did a price increase last year....about a year ago too. I guess I could think about that again......